If it’s time to replace your roof, the roofing experts at NC Roofing & Repairs are here to help. We understand how important it is to have a reliable, attractive roof that you can depend on for years to come, and we also understand that your roof replacement needs to be within budget. With our team on the job, you can feel confident that your home is in good hands.
Repair or Roof Replacement?
Often, homeowners are faced with choosing roof repairs or a roof replacement.
- A roof repair is best for when there is a small area of damage or a small leak, but overall, a roofing contractor inspects the roof and finds it in good condition.
- Roof replacement is required when all the old shingles are removed down to the deck. Any rot or sagging is repaired, and a new underlayment or layer of felt paper is installed with new shingles laid on top of it.
Signs You Should Replace Your Roof
If you think there’s a problem with your roof, the first thing you need to do is check your attic, if possible. You’ll want to look for the following red flags:
- Areas of light coming through the roof that show signs of a leak;
- Stains or streaks under the eaves from water damage;
- Rotted, soft, or sagging areas;
Next, inspect your home’s exterior for the following concerns:
- Mold or moss growing within the shingles;
- Multiple areas where shingles are buckling, broken, damaged, or missing granules;
- Drooping or sagging sections;
- Areas of rotting boards or damaged flashing around the seams of vents, skylights, and chimneys;
If you see these signs, you will need a roofing contractor to provide a professional inspection and work on your roof, but whether you need a roof replacement depends on these factors:
- Age of the roof – A single layer of asphalt shingles should last around 20 years. If your roof is only five or six years old, you may be able to have it repaired, or at least reshingled.
- How many layers of shingles are on the roof – If there is one layer of shingles and there’s no rot or sagging, our roofing team can reshingle the roof. However, if there are two layers or there’s more serious damage, a roof replacement is the only dependable solution.
- The condition of the deck – If the deck has water damage or you’re not sure of its condition, this needs to be fixed to ensure a safe, sturdy roof, and that can only be done when the roof is being replaced.
The Process to Replace a Roof
When you choose roof replacement instead of repair for your home, the process is extensive and may seem overwhelming as a homeowner. Fortunately, our experienced team has a seamless process that allows us to take quick action and have your old roof down and your new shingles in place quickly and securely.
Our thorough, start-to-finish process involves:
- Having homeowners clear the driveway and perimeter of the home of cars, bicycles, and other belongings to prevent damage;
- Ensuring all proper safety gear is available and in use;
- Removing the existing shingles, felt paper or underlayment, and roofing nails;
- Ensuring the metal flashing is in good condition and has been installed properly;
- Inspect wooden deck for any damage;
- Install new underlayment to keep moisture away from the roof deck;
- Install new asphalt shingles;
- Clean up all debris and inspect the roof;
Contact Us to Discuss Replacing Your Roof Today
If your roof is older or it’s showing signs of damage, don’t put off the inevitable – call us for roof replacement services. We serve Holly Springs, Apex, Garner, Raleigh, Fuquay-Varina, Cary, and the surrounding areas, and we are dedicated to providing a reliable service at competitive prices. Reach out to us to schedule a roof inspection and get a quote for a new roof by calling (919) 961-0666 or filling out the form below to get started.